I wanted to just write a little about skin and how it is crucial to any kind of beauty which is why we should all look after it! I used to be one of those people who would just remove my makeup with wipes and that was it. I never use to apply lotions or creams and only occasionally would use a face scrub. There were a few problems with this, my skin was constantly oily looking and didn’t have any radiance to it, it was just kinda grey?
That is why this year I have been trying really hard to make my skin a priority and I have been seeing absolutely excellent results. My skin has never looked better and more glowing. The thing that made the most difference was using a cleanser after I wash my makeup off as this really draws out any build-up in the pores.
I usually wash my face with a bar of soap and warm water, then use a makeup wipe to remove any patches of makeup that weren’t removed followed by a cotton pad and cleanser to get rid of impurities. This routine has been something I try to do every night especially in cold water months!
I wanted to give a few tips on making the most out of your skin and how to maximise the potential of your skin as after seeing how happy I am with my skin currently I wanted to share the things I noticed:
- Use suncream whenever you can! Even makeup containing suncream is better than nothing at all. Nothing ages skin more than the sun, you might not see damage at the moment but it is always better to prevent ageing from an early age rather than try to reverse the impact of the sun when you are older!
- Exfoliate your skin not only with an exfoliating face wash but also by using an eyebrow razor to get rid of the top layer of skin. This is something that really creates a smooth canvas as not only is peach fuzz gone but the top layer of skin is removed meaning more radiance as a glowing layer of skin is underneath.
- Drink water. Yup an obvious one but really, nothing is better for skin than the things you put inside your body which show on the outside. I also take supplements such as omega 3 supplements to boost the radiance to my skin and I have to say they are worth the unpleasant taste as my skin looks more firm from taking them.
- definitely invest in a cleanser. I recently raved about Tesco’s eyes and face cleanser which is only £1.50 and it is so creamy! It works as a 2-1 as it is also a makeup remover ( it says on the bottle!)
- Massage your creams and products into your skin properly! I used to just slap on my creams and face washes and not really work the product into the skin, but now I give myself enough time to really massage and work the products into my skin.
- Don’t neglect your body either! I know the feeling of wanting to skip lotions on the body because it makes your skin feel greasy but I am loving those spray lotions that Vaseline have come up with as you can literally spray them in the shower and then go. It is quick, easy and non-sticky.
- I mentioned this in another post but once a week try to deep-steam your face to open up the pores and remove the dirt from them. I do this simply by boiling water and pouring it in a bowl, then putting a towel over my head and above the bowl of steaming water. It is so relaxing too, and just 5 minutes really works to remove any impurities the skin may have. After splash the face with cold water to close the pores.
- This one is kinda optional but I love to use a light moisturizer with a hint of fake tan on my face. Gradual tanners for face are extremely light so it takes a while to notice any colour and often it is more of a glow rather than a ” tan” but this just makes those no makeup days look so much better for me.
I hope these little skin care reminders will motivate everyone to look after their skin as it really is the key for flawless and effortless beauty.